Thursday 9 February 2012

Internet Dating A Gift or a Curse

The older you get the chances of finding a partner who doesn't have any baggage gets harder. A few suitcases from the past is ok as long as you've dealt with the issues. However, since I started Internet dating, the number of women who wont let go of past relationship issues are staggering.

I often wonder why bother joining an online dating site in the first place if, your going to treat every potential partner as an echo from your past and assume he's also going to emotionally screw you over. Frankly it makes no sense at all.

Within a few days of joining eHarmony I contacted a lady who seemed to be on the same page as Moi and held onto the same ideals. Pretty soon we we're not only emailing each other but mobile texting too. Within a few weeks we met,   there was instant chemistry and spark flew, yay!

I honestly believed this girl was the one. However by mid Jan, some 2 months after we'd met, she pulled the pin and threw me back into the pond. Now I accept people for whatever reason don't gel. But seriously, everything was going well, actually better than well it was truly fantastic.

But it seems that as soon as she realised she had deep feelings for me; was in love with me, the shutters came up and she commenced pushing me away. It's really hard trying to deal with this stuff. Especially when your head over heels in love with a girl who is now treating you like the plague.

I tried to sort it out, find out why she was reacting like this but it's fucking impossible when your shut out and the emotions close down. It's even harder when she's telling you it's over and she's crying but her head disregards this and swing back into lock down mode.

Anyway, after feeling like crap for a few weeks, I decide there was no point in being upset and best to move onward.

Since then I've contacted and chatted to (email and some phone) to around 25 woman. Apart from one who I'm chatting to now, who seems normal, (I'll reiterate), the other 24 seem bent on emotionally fucking not only themselves over but see all guys as ass holes. Seriously, WTF is wrong with people these days. If you haven't got your past relationship issues squared away then don't sign-up to an Internet Dating site!

No comments:

Post a Comment