Monday 24 October 2011

Calm Before the Storm

Is it a pink sky at night a sailors delight or a Shepard's warning? That saying always leave me scratching my head. Laying in bed at a bit after 3am; never under estimate the advantages of insomnia. On that almost still night 19'th Oct anyone could have been convinced a thunderstorm was approaching. That day in Adelaide wasn't that hot but humid. Its slimy wet tentacles reaching out and lashing at ones body making me feel like I'd run a marathon when I'd only walked a few 100 yards.

The previous day I'd checked into a funky Adelaide hotel a stones throw from Hutt Street and was looking forward to a few days R&R with a special friend - yes a girl if you must know. For those with a curious mind, no she's not a fuck buddy. I'd like to think of her as a friend with benefits and a mind as deep and inquisitive as Moi! If she wasn't half my age and I was in a younger mans body I'd certainly entertain the notion of pursuing her interests on permanent basis.

To set the record straight, yes I'm attached but not married. Does that make a difference these days? I guess not. Think of me as you will most people do. Personally I don't give a shit either way. Especially when the only difference between myself and others is I act on most of my impulses.

Are these common traits for a mid-life crisis? And no I don't drive a flashy European sports car. Been there done that. Probably why I'm finding it even hard to adjust to the fact I'm at this cross roads right now.

I've lived what most would label an exciting life. The entire gambit which is synonymous with that lifestyle of fast cars and even faster women. So you can probably understand my confusion. I've always held the belief guys who have a mid-life crisis are those who got married young and didn't get the time to live out their dreams. Well, that blows my theory out of the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment