Wednesday 26 October 2011

Signs, Signs Everywhere there are Signs

Today was one of those days I managed to get some banking done in daylight hours. Maybe it's that country town friendliness where even strangers say G'Day,  whatever it is the cute blond teller asked me, "how I was going and what I'd been up to?". With the essence of decadence and debauchery still fresh in my senses from last week, I thought it best not to be too honest. Instead just commented on the usual and left it at that. She followed with an update on her activities.

She always smiles at me and if my body language skills are true, tilting her head and running her hands through her hair could be a sign she likes me. But, what does one do?

I've never been one to pick-up on the obvious, it takes me a while to join the dots. If I happen to fancy someone I just come right out and say it. Albeit I haven't always been like this but it does makes life a lot easier. I try to live with the no regrets policy. As much as I try to embrace that philosophy it doesn't always work out that way. The language of sexual attraction is a tough one, especially for a guy these days. I think it's even harder (no pun intended) as the rules of engagement have change so much.

Whilst I've always held the belief that everyone; male or female, has the right to be treated equally, I must admit I'm a gentleman through and through. Yes, chivalry is alive and well within me. Being like this becomes really confusing sometimes. Things like, do I open a door, pay for dinner, offer my jacket if she's cold, it's a mind boggling mine field when you get down to the nitty gritty of dating etiquette in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment